Derma Roller therapy is a very effective treatment against skin concerns such as acne scarring, stretch marks, deep lines, sagging skin wrinkles, hair loss, pigmentation and sun damaged skin. Derma rollers deliver fantastic results if used routinely.
It was discovered that derma roller therapy / microneedling / skin needling can trigger collagen and elastin formation in a single treatment. The collagen produced in one derma roller treatment could effectively last for up to 12 months.
Derma rollers works by creating tiny punctures into the skin to stimulate skin repair and cell regeneration. By opening the skin in this way you not only dramatically increase the penetration of any serum, lotion or cream, increasing its efficacy, but you also create miniature perforations that stimulate the skin’s healing mechanisms, increasing production of many important factors for a healthy skin.
"The dermaroller give better results than laser treatments, at a fraction of the price."
The concept of the derma roller is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself whenever it encounters physical damage, such as cuts, burns and other abrasions. The body reuses the damaged collagen and elastin fibres immediately after an injury occurs to the skin to produce new ones. The derma roller allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self repair mechanism by creating micro-“injuries” in the skin which trigger new collagen synthesis, yet does not pose the risk of permanent scarring.
Derma Roller | Titanium Alloy vs Stainless Steel
Most sub standard dermaroller are produced with stainless steel needles which can blunt easily with use. Our titanium alloy tipped SkinX dermarollers are engineered to produce a finer and much more durable edge, eliminating excess irritation caused by ordinary steel needles. This technology produces extremely accurate and pinpoint punctures in the skin with the aim of improving the treatment results. The SkinX dermaroller can be reused intensively and lasts up to 4 times longer than its inferior steel needle counterparts.
Dermaroller for Enhanced Penetration
Dramatically increases absorption of active ingredients like serums, lotions and creams
Dermarollers massively increase the efficacy of topical skincare products
Dermaroller for Ageing Skin
Helps to restore firmness and tightness to loose skin
Thickens the epidermis and enhances skin density
Helps to smooth away wrinkles, lines, folds and crow’s feet
Improves skin texture
Dermaroller for Acne Scars and Surgery Scars
Reduces the appearance of indented acne scars and pits
Improves scars caused by chicken pox
Reduces the appearance of atropic and hypertrophic scars
Helps to relax old scars
Improves old surgical scars
Dermaroller for Pigmentation
Helps to lighten pigmentation marks
Encourages re-pigmenting of white marks
Dermaroller for Stretch Marks
Improves the appearance of stretch marks from pregnancy or weight loss / gain
10 Dermaroller Benefits
- The derma roller is suitable for all skin types
- Derma rolling is a completely natural process
- The derma roller does not induce skin sensitivity to UV light
- Derma rollers do not cause skin damage (no ablation/removal of the epidermis)
- Can be used on the face, neck, décolleté and any other parts of the body requiring derma roller treatments
- Derma rollers can be used on thin skin formerly treated with chemical peels and laser
- Derma rolling does not pose a risk of permanent skin discolouration
- Derma roller treatments are extremely cost effective compared to treatments at clinics and dermatologists
- Short or no healing time after derma roller treatments
- Derma roller are very easy and safe to use
Derma Rollers | Helpful for the Following Skin Concerns
- Stretch marks
- Acne and surgical scars
- Wrinkles and anti-ageing
- Ice pick- and chickenpox scars
- Lack of skin firmness and cellulite
- Age spots & sun damage
- Hair loss
- Hyper pigmentation
- Rough skin texture
- Crow's feet
15 Derma Roller Facts
- The needles of the derma roller puncture the skin, thus stimulating collagen production and 're-sets' the cell cycle back to adult stem cells (differentiated stem cells capable of dividing and creating new cells).
- The derma roller is highly effective for 'rolling away' scars (2mm), acne scars (1.5mm), wrinkles (1.5mm) and stretch marks (1.5mm).
- Derma rollers deliver similar or even better results to laser treatments, chemical peels and dermabrasion and is the new kid on the block when it comes to non-surgical facelifts.
- The derma roller is a great diy home treatment option with no side effects and fast recovery.
- Derma rollers literally 'trick' your skin into turning back the clock by destroying old skin cells and scar tissue, and then regenerating brand new ones.
- When using skin care products with the dermar oller, please remember that they increase the absorption by up to 96% more. It is important to use all-natural skin care products with no chemicals, parabens or other toxins during or within 3 days of treatment. Products containing high levels of vitamin A should NOT be used on the days that you will be rolling as high doses can be toxic.
- Scientific studies show that only 0.3% of the active ingredients in traditional skin care products are able to penetrate the skin, so 97.7% of them are wasted. The 0.5mm derma roller will maximise the efficacy of your products when used 3-4 times per week.
- The derma roller can dramatically reduce all types of scarring (using a 1.5mm or 2mm) anywhere on the skin with the proper series of treatments.
- The 0.5mm/1.0mm derma roller improves thinning hair and hair loss/alopecia with the use of Minoxidil or other hair tonics such as Vigro Intensive.
- The derma roller benefits age spots by shedding the top layer of skin
- The derma roller improves the appearance of rosacea by producing a significant amount of collagen. However, do not perform derma roller treatments if you currently have nodular or pustular rosacea.
- Highly effective treatment for surgery scars, burn scars, acne scars, chicken pox scars, pitting of the skin, large pores and much more with the use of a 1.5mm or 2mm derma roller.
- The dermaroller causes a 60% improvement in ageing skin and a 80% improvement in scar reduction in only 6 treatments!
- The derma roller provides astonishing results that are a powerful non-surgical treatment by rejuvenating the skin - just like a laser or chemical peel does, but without prolonged healing, skin damage, down time, and cost.
- DIY treatments are very inexpensive considering what a trip to the skin clinic or dermatologist will cost you. The initial purchase of a derma roller and a minimum of 6 sessions will cost you around R10 600.00 according to the current rates of South Africa's top skin clinics and dermatologists.